Company: Nicholas Piramal Ltd.
Generic Drug: Ephedrine + Theophylline + Phenobarbitone.
Indication: Chronic asthma and other disease with bronchospasm. Prophylaxis of acute asthma attacks.
Contraindication: Cardiovascular diseases, hyperthyroidism, prostatic hypertrophy, severe hypertension, glaucoma, severe pulmonary insufficiency (i.e. emphysema).
Dosage & Administration: Available in tablet form (ASMAPAX DEPOT TAB)
- Can cause drowsiness; do not drive or operate machines.
- Cautious use in case of renal & hepatic impairments.
- Not recommended during pregnancy.
- Cautious use in lactating women.
- Cautious use with MAOIs, reserpine, beta-blockers, guanethedine, methyldopa, digoxin, allopurinol, cimetidine, erythromycin, norfloxacin, and propranolol, rifampicin, methotrexate, and phenytoin due to drug interactions.
Side effects/ Undesired effects/ Adverse drug reactions: Nausea, gastrointestinal upset, headache, tachycardia, arrhythmias, flushing, insomnia, anxiety, tremor, hypocalcaemia, muscular weakness, sweating, thirst, dizziness, difficulty in micturition and restlessness.