Company: GSK (GlaxoSmithKline), Hindustan Pharma and Shalina Laboratories.
Indication: Acute attacks of asthma, status asthmaticus. It is safer than adrenaline in case of status asthmaticus with heart disease.
Contraindication: Hypersensitivity to any component, active peptic ulcer and seizure.
Dosage & Administration: Available in tablet and injection form. Dosage is calculated according to body weight and age.
- Cautious use in case of renal, hepatic, cardiac disorders, epilepsy, hypertension, hyperthyroidism, chronic alcoholism.
- Do not take with food.
- Cautious use with following medications: allopurinol, cimetidine, propanolol, erythromycin, phenytoin, and rifampicin.
- Cigarette smoking may increase clearance of drug.
- Cautious use in pregnancy, lactation and in old age.
- Do not use in age less than 1 year.
Side effects/ Undesired effects/ Adverse drug reactions: Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, twitching of facial muscles. Learning difficulties, severe hyperventilation and sleep disturbance are also noticed in children with repeated use.